“What’s right for one person may not be right for someone else. And there are things that are important to me that others don’t care about at all.
And sometimes others’ behavior doesn’t make any sense to me.
I have my own Thoughts and my own Ideas that may or may not fit into your vision of who I should be.” ~PleaseUnderstandMe by DavidKeirsey
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
The Theory of Psychological Types was described by C. G. Jung in the 1920’s. He theorized that much of the seemingly random variations in peoples’ behaviors are actually rather systematic and reliable.
Isabel Briggs Myers studied Jung’s ideas and added her own insights. After 30 years of research and over 5,000 participants, she created a survey that would eventually become the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI ), and it is the most widely used personality test in the world.
Learning about our Personality Type helps us to understand. For instance, why do certain areas in life come easily while others are more of a struggle? And learning about other people’s Personality Types could help us to understand a more effective way to communicate with them.
This self-report questionnaire assesses the following::
- The flow of energy defines how you receive the essential part of your experience. Do you receive it from within yourself (Introverted) or from external sources (Extraverted)?
- How you take in information shows your preference for focusing on the basic information taken in through the five senses (Sensing), or by interpreting and adding meaning based on prior experiences (iNuition).
- How you prefer to make judgment calls— objectively, using logic and consistency (Thinking), or subjectively, considering other people and special circumstances (Feeling).
- The basic day-to-day decision-style that you prefer – how you interact with the outer world — with a preference towards getting things decided (Judging), or for staying open to new information and options (Perception/Prospecting).
The test is amazingly accurate and informative. Why not give it a whirl?
I’ve searched high and low and found these great online tools.
- The first link is to a very good adaptation of the original test (Copyright infringements prohibit the availability of the real one):
16Personalities- Get to know yourself – the BEST questionnaire on the web.
- After completing the test above, go HERE http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html to read the BEST detailed descriptions of…
The Best of YOU!!!
Share your results if you’d like! ;)